AdWords
3.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

MCC acount set up doest work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying with the idiots from google support for 12 months to get an mcc account setup, they are all from India and don't seem to speak english well enough to understand the problem, that besides the fact the idiots just keep transferring the call to someone new every 30 minutes, one guy from Ireland didn't even know what a mcc account was.

every email address i enter to start the mcc account setup it tells me  i already have an adwords account, even when it doesn't  no one has been able to have the brains to understand, are there staff from google here who can  actually do something or just community volunteers with no real access to resolve the issue, 

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David G
November 2015

Re: MCC acount set up doest work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 12
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Tommy, Archit, and Sumanth

The issue is fixed however i am just replying to you to thank you for offering your help, i certainly do know working and then trying to help people free of charge places extra demand on your time and brain, as you were aware i get pissed of with bad service and bad management, my business was voted top 25 in the country so i really don't have time for lazy companies offering bad products, and not training or supporting there staff correctly. which was very clear in this instance.

Once again thanks for your help

David

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi David,

Would you mind sharing some more info? From what I understand, you're trying to create an MCC account with a particular email address. Is the email linked to any other AdWords account? If that's the case, you'll have to unlink it from the existing one and then create the MCC. Here's a nice article on this issue.

Feel free to write back if that isn't the case, there are always alternatives and workarounds.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no one at google knows how to do that, apps for work wont do it as its not part of there "core services" and the others at adwords cant get it done , that's if they can understand me at all

i created another email then straight away went to mcc to register and it told me it has an adwords accout

i have test@abc.com this has an adwords account

then i created mcc@abc.com went to register it and it says mcc is associated with another account as its an alias of test, but no one can figure it out how to get an mcc account, and ot be honest it really **bleep**ting me dealing with people who don't speak english but there put on english call center, its not there fault there given  a job they cant perform without the right training and language skills

i read the article but i am not sure it will work as i cant remove my google apps for work email that is the main account email as adwords and everything is tied together this will create another disaster those retards cant fix

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi David,
I understand that its very disappointing and frustrating.
You might be trying to add more than one adwords account from an individual account which is not possible at all.

So need to signup for Manager account then only you can add multiple accounts to that manager account.

Now after signing up with manager account you will be able to add all other individual adwords accounts, Sub-MCC as well as only 1 other manager account to your Manager account.

So you need to create a different email id to signup for the manager account of adwords.

Or if you want to use only a specific email which you have already used to create adwords account then again you need a new email then sent the administrative access request from your particular adwords account(associated with the email) that you want to use for your manager account signup.
Now without going to adwords, just accept that invitation from the link which you will receive in your new email inbox.
Now you have 2 admin access for a particular adwords account.
Login the adwords account with the email (new) and remove the access of email (old, which you want to make free).

So, you are free to use that particular email for your adwords manager account.

Please write if you face any difficulties.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
this doesnt work same stupid problem i have please read and only reply if you actualy understand what im saying

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi David,

I've created many MCC/Manager Accounts accounts over the years and with a clean email address, this shouldn't be happening.

I'm going to take a stab at this from a couple of directions...

Is there any chance you're trying to use email accounts that are not Google accounts? I'm assuming here that when you say test@abc.com you're referring to an actual domain and not a gmail.com account. If they are Google accounts through Google apps, have you added the AdWords service to the account? https://support.google.com/a/answer/45690?hl=en I know this can cause some problems.

If you're using a standard/fresh gmail account, this should not occur at all.

If you can elaborate on the type of email accounts you're using for setup, we may be able to help sort this out.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes your right this rubbish shouldn't be happening and were spending 11k per week to deal with idiots to and to be treated like rubbish which is why i moved half the spend to bing and i will move all of it if i cant get this setup, bing are much more organised and there stuff works

i have google apps for work with david111@ abc.com
this has an adwords account that was just setup as a test account ,never been used
it wont let me use that so i set up mcc@abc.com wont let me use that eiteher, keeps telling me that both accounts already have an adwords account

so i created another test1@abc.com wont let me use that either, and after 12 months no one at google has the brain to figure it out and im, still waiting which is why we now spend 6k with bing as its managed on one account no 40 different ones like stupid google

you cant use a gmail account to set up a professional mcc account, when a client says give me you adwords management account details and you give them dave123abc@ gmail you look like a **bleep** not to mention were taking on large scale clients and it needs to look professional,, at he moment just ell them google are idiots and they cant get a bug free manger account so i use client accounts or move them to bing because of the hassle

again this proves my point **bleep**ty google dont even work there own forums, instead leaving user with nothing but volunteers, typical lazy company

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi David,

I can see your frustration but I can assure you there are solutions here. There is something clearly missing here, something critical. If you can get beyond the ranting (your spend and bing involvement have nothing to do with finding a solution to your problem), I'd be willing to try and assist you.

Your david111 account is locked, used or not, it's attached to an AdWords CID. Have you added the AdWords service to these Google apps emails? I think that's something important you should check. It's not a guarantee, but worth exploring.

Also, setting up an MCC with a gmail account has nothing to do with giving clients access. You should never just share your login credentials, you only provide access to accounts or even the MCC where applicable, using client logins. In a majority of instances, the MCC is for the agency, not the client and you wouldn't want to give one client access to other client accounts.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
well you probably don't understand ive spent 50k trying to sort this out but anyway as you say that's irrelevant and lets move on

of course you don't give clients access to a mcc account we are the agency im trying to set it up for us so we can connect all our customer accounts to it, not even sure why you said that at all

under google apps for work i have adwords turned on for everyone along with things like analytics, webmaster tools , you tube etc

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi David,

Here's something else that you may want to check. It's another long shot but definitely worth checking out.

Sometimes, email accounts can be linked and that could have something to do with what's happening.

You can see if your accounts may be linked by following this trail. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/76143?hl=en

If they are, you may need to do some unlinking there.

Again, this is just a shot.

-Tommy