3.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

MCC account + Agency + Freelance + Clients

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Imagine this:

> Agency (me)
> Freelance X
> Freelance Y
> Client A
> Client B
> Client C

I want that:
> Agency can manage every clients
> Freelance X can manage A + B
> Freelance Y can manage B + C

How is it possibile to do that?

Specifically, I can't figure out how Freelancers X and Y can work at the same time with the Client B. Any suggestion?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: MCC account + Agency + Freelance + Clients

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If I understood correctly do this:-

Ask Freelance X and Freelance Y to create MCC accounts. Then add them as Managers for the respective accounts that you want them to own and manage i.e. X will manage A, B and Y will manage B and C as per your post. Note that an individual AdWords account can be linked to maximum 5 manager accounts. So I think what you are trying is quite possible.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Just make sure your MCC account (Agency) is the first added to the client account, then the next day add the freelancer MCC accounts . This way the account spending will be attributed to your MCC account , instead of the other MCC accounts.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Unfortunately it does not seem possible (or maybe I'm doing something wrong?)

I have read that you can manage an individual AdWords account with up to 5 manager AdWords accounts.

But, if I create an account (the so-called optional-login) directly from my MCC, it would seem that I can not invite any other manager.

I can invite only users (who not have already been using their email account in an individual AdWords account).

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security. A screenshot was removed as it contained sensitive account information.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I found a solution:
> Agency, Freelance X and Freelance Y have their own respective MCC
> Agency creates three account (aka optiona-login account) in his MCC
> Freelance X, in his MCC, link the A+B accounts
> Freelance Y, in his MCC, link the B+C accounts

It's possible because:
> every individual adwords account can be managed by max 5 MCC
> Freelancers link the account FROM their MCC and not "Agency invite Freelancers" (< it will result in an individual adwords account invitation; not possible for Freelancers to accept because they own an MCC account)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Marco,

I`m trying to replicate your setup. Could you help me out here?
Currently I have:

Agency MCC
------Sub MCC
-----------Client Account

How can I have freelancers connect to the client account without having the client ask to accept the invitation?