AdWords
3.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

MCC Sign Up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have had an adwords account for quite a while, just using it for access to the Keyword Planner.

Today I have cancelled my account as I want to use the email to sign up for the MCC instead.

I try and sign up at MCC but it says my email is already in use on an adwords account. I then sign into my old adwords account to see a message saying that I have cancelled this account?

I have waited a few hours and it is still doing the same thing. Anybody know the solution?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris L
July 2016

Re: MCC Sign Up

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Chris.

First you need to contact Google representative. Ask him to restore your account. Assuming your current AdWords account is associated with account1@gmail.com
Step 1=>Now create a new gmail account, say account2@gmail.com
Step 2=> Login to your existing adwords account, account1@gmail.com
Step3=> Click on the Gear icon, on top right corner, Go to Account seetings and then click on Account access(Left Side menu)
Step 4=> Add account2@gmail.com as administrator
Step5=> Now Login again to accoun2@gmail.com, check email, accept the request and follow the steps mentioned in email

Now account2@gmail.com has the administrative access of your existing account.
Go to adwords and login with account2@gmail.com, Go to account setting=>account access=> revoke access of account1@gmail.com.

Now create a new MCC account with account1@gmail.com.

Job completed

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris L
July 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Chris.

First you need to contact Google representative. Ask him to restore your account. Assuming your current AdWords account is associated with account1@gmail.com
Step 1=>Now create a new gmail account, say account2@gmail.com
Step 2=> Login to your existing adwords account, account1@gmail.com
Step3=> Click on the Gear icon, on top right corner, Go to Account seetings and then click on Account access(Left Side menu)
Step 4=> Add account2@gmail.com as administrator
Step5=> Now Login again to accoun2@gmail.com, check email, accept the request and follow the steps mentioned in email

Now account2@gmail.com has the administrative access of your existing account.
Go to adwords and login with account2@gmail.com, Go to account setting=>account access=> revoke access of account1@gmail.com.

Now create a new MCC account with account1@gmail.com.

Job completed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

You are a legend - worked perfectly.

Many Thanks,

Chris