AdWords
5.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

MCC Account if Personal AdWords Banned?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My personal AdWords account was permanently suspended the better part of a decade ago.  I am not totally sure why.  I called support roughly 2 years ago, they said they could email me something to review, fill out, and then the suspension would be lifted.  Nothing was every emailed and when I called again the next rep seemed to have no idea what the previous rep was talking about.

Anyways, I do not want to run a personal AdWords account anymore, but I would like to offer AdWords management services to others.  I have worked with agencies for the past 7 years and I would like to branch out and offer AdWords management independently form an agency setting.  

Can I open an MCC account for this despite my personal AdWords account being suspended, or if I do this will my MCC account be suspended (I won't link to my personal account) and I'll be unable to offer said services?   

Thanks for anyone who can answer!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Christopher,

There is no specific rules around this, but commonsense says that as long as you are just managing other people's accounts, it should be OK.

On the other hand, if your current IP address, computer and web activity have any connection to your old account, then Google has automated processes in place to stop people trying to replace a suspended account with a new, clean one. If you trigger that, there's no arguing your way out of it.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

unforunatly, No. You cannot advertise with Google as an advertiser for your own business or as an MCC holder. Once your details (on the MCC) are matched (assuming Google still keeps track and records) with those on Google's records - the MCC will be suspended (aka an MCC level suspension)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So essentially I can never offer services through an MCC account?  

I do not even know why my personal AdWords account was suspended.  I only found out it was suspended years after the suspension came down when I logged in and saw the notice (nothing had been active in the account for a long time).

Is there anything I can do about this?  

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

What URL were you promoting at that time?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't recall specifically and I changed all URLs and ads when I found out the account was suspended years ago.  

I created these campaigns when I knew very VERY little about AdWords and believe I used a $50-$100 AdWords promo credit to 'test' it out and learn the ropes a bit.  I think I just pulled an affiliate link to see how AdWords worked (I've since learned affiliate links are a no-no, so this was likely the problem?).

I have now spent the past 7 years working with 2 agencies on big campaigns with huge budgets.  I have even been AdWords certified.  I now have real clients that I'd like to offer campaign management services to with an MCC account (instead of just the basic consulting services I am able to offer now).  Anything I can do?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Perhaps. Talk to Google and update us on what comes of it.