AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Low value content, ad disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Sorry to bother you but this is my first AdWords account and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My website is: http://hkfitnessnutrition.blogspot.in/

It says my (one) Ad is not approved because of "Low Value Content"

Is it because I only have 1 blog post on? It's hard to think that's the reason since the content is original and hopefully helpful?

Thank you! 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Low value content, ad disapproved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Your site would most likely be disapproved if it had 100, original posts.

AdWords ads are meant to promote a product or service. Searchers expect that when they click on an ad, the site they reach will be useful and related to their search query. And they expect it to provide a product or service.

Google says:

We want ads to be useful, varied, relevant and safe for users when serving them across the Google Network. As a result, we don't allow any of the following:
> ads promoting sites or apps that offer little unique value to users and are focused primarily on traffic generation
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en-AU

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
What is the business model of your site? How are you going to make money?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting back to me, appreciate the input. However, could you please expand your answer?

So my first post on the website (if you have visited it) gives visitors information on body fat percentage presented in a fun, non-dry manner. While to some that may not be useful, I'm sure it's very useful information for those searching about body fat percentage. So how is that unrelated or not useful?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

I'm hoping to open an Adsense account and generate revenue from there eventually. I'm not sure it's smart to have an AdSense account right away when I just started? But that shouldn't stop me from creating ads for my blog should it?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
So if you are planning on AdSense revenue - why do you need an AdWords?
Note that driving traffic to a site with the sole purpose of showing ads is a violation of the Policy;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’