AdWords
3.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Lost data to AdWords account after removing email login address from Google Business Account...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Our company made the switch from google for business to Microsoft 365. After the merge was complete, the Google for business account was closed, and associated email removed.

Since then, if I try to access our Adwords account using the same email address and password (that was removed from the google for business account) I get treated as if the Adwords account is a new one, and it has none of our data. It seems the same email address has been assigned with a different login token since it was removed from Google for Business, and Adwords is not associating it with the previous email login of the same name.

How can this be resolved, and have our data and campaigns restored? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Lost data to AdWords account after removing email login address from Google Business Account...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Matthew D,

1) If the account was closed, no longer active, and the email/AdWords/Google Account terminated, I do not think you can recover it. 

2) If the AdWords account is still active (ads are streaming) but you simply cannot get back in... this can often be resolved, but not always. 

Please let us know what situation applies to you and we will provide any support we can.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Lost data to AdWords account after removing email login address from Google Business Account...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there - thanks for responding.

We didn't remove or close the adwords account - the email was only removed from google for business as we switched from gmail to exchange, and google apps to 365.

But since this has happened we can't see any of our data when we login using the same email address. Our AdWords account was paused a few weeks ago, pending a website redesign so nothing should have been live.

Btw, we had the same issue with another online software that used google sign in, and they had to restore our account to the previous version as apparently the sign-in token ID had changed even though the email address was the same.
Thanks

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Matthew D,

You are welcome. 

Please call support or use another method provided below to interact directly with them. We are not able to see or access any accounts here. 

Google for Business support here

General AdWords support:

Call

Speak with an AdWords expert from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET, Monday through Friday at 1-866-2GOOGLE (246-6453) in English and Spanish.

Calling from a different country? See our full list of phone numbers

Video Call

Talk face-to-face with an AdWords expert from 4:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday. To get connected, you’ll need a headset and a microphone for your computer. Start a video call now

Chat

Get immediate help online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Live experts are standing by. Chat now

Email

Fill out our contact form to email us with any questions you have about your advertising, and we'll get back to you within 24 hours. Email us now

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I think you have 5 business days before the Google for Work account is removed completely. Call Apps support quickly.
OR you could sign up again with Google for Work (using only one user) and access the account; - this would of course comes with a $50 charge per user.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’