AdWords
3.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Location Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am trying to target specific events happening in hospitals ? What are your thoughts on hyper targeting the hospitals in the US ? How can I add a list of hospitals to the AdWords campaign through geo coordinates ? I hear that only 500 of them would be accepted.  Is that true ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Subramanian S
August 2016

Re: Location Targeting

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
>>> Will that not target areas in the zip other than hospitals as well ? <<<

It will. However, zip code areas are not too large in the US and easy to use. If you wish you may try applying proximity targets. To add proximity targets, use the following format: (distance:latitude:longitude).

For example: (10mi:33.728536:-118.084102) or (20km:54.162434:-112.148438)

*** Add multiple location targets / Tips for adding locations using a CSV import ***
https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30573?hl=en

That's a bit more difficult to handle. Anyway, you are advised to compare on the map which targeting method suits you.

Best,
Lakatos

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Subramanian,

If it is about laser targeting US hospitals, I'd probably use zip code targeting. (Unfortunately hospitals are currently not available by *places of interest* targeting, unlike e.g. airports, hence you'll need to rely on your own research.)

These are the current account limits for you: 10,000 campaigns per account and 10,000 location targets (targeted and excluded) per campaign. Here are the details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6372658?hl=en

For technical aspects of how to upload bulk locations to your campaign, please study the help page linked-to below.

*** Target ads to geographic locations / Advanced: Targeting multiple locations in bulk ***
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043?hl=en

Best,
Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will the zip code targeting work ? Will that not target areas in the zip
other than hospitals as well ?

--

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Subramanian S
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
>>> Will that not target areas in the zip other than hospitals as well ? <<<

It will. However, zip code areas are not too large in the US and easy to use. If you wish you may try applying proximity targets. To add proximity targets, use the following format: (distance:latitude:longitude).

For example: (10mi:33.728536:-118.084102) or (20km:54.162434:-112.148438)

*** Add multiple location targets / Tips for adding locations using a CSV import ***
https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30573?hl=en

That's a bit more difficult to handle. Anyway, you are advised to compare on the map which targeting method suits you.

Best,
Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i get it. Thank you so much

--

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.