AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Linking issue on AdWords & Analytics - Please help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We have different gmail address assigned to Analytics and AdWords account, when I go to the 'Linked accounts' in Adwords, select Google Analytics, I can't see any GA property for the same client account, as I have admin access for both the account so still why I'm not able to linkup both the account?

Anybody has quick idea about that what's happening here?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @BIG Group,

You would need to add the same email / Google Account to the Analytics account and AdWords account, both with the right level of access.

Add users to Google Analytics

Add users to Google AdWords

Once you do this, then go back to the linking Analytics to AdWords and complete the steps. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there,

You need to be using the same email address for Analytics and AdWords. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks guys for your speedy reply!

Yes I know we need to add the same email account for GA and Adwords but originally Adwords account did setup with other email that differ from GA email account, now can't be possible to do that. But I've checked all other GA properties are linked up in Adwords as well but specifically this account can't be linked up. 

Moreover, If I add this account to same GA email account then it would create two adwords client ID for the same account. 

Is there any other way to do that?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @BIG Group,

You are welcome. 

In order to link the accounts, you have to be a user on all accounts (AdWords & Analytics). There is no getting around this. If there were, anyone would be able to access data for anyone's accounts. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi again,

Create a brand new gmail account, just for linking purposes, and add it to GA and AdWords as an Admin.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's very simple, you can easily link the AdWords and Analytics account which are in different email address. Let's consider this example,

1) adwords@gmail.com - email of your AdWords account
2) analytics@gmail.com - email of your Analytics account

To see the GA  property in your AdWords account you need to give your Analytics (analytics@gmail.com) Edit Access to adwords@gmail.com.

Once adwords@gmail.com have Edit access for analytics@gmail.com account you can link the AdWords and Analytics account.