AdWords
2.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Linking accounts as equivalent in the MCC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, can someone tell me how can I link accounts in the MCC as equivalent (mark all my AdWords accounts
under the MCC as "equivalent" which will prevent serving ads from two different accounts at the same time)?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking accounts as equivalent in the MCC

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Ines, how are things?

I'm sorry, but I think I didn't get the idea of what you want to do.

What do you mean by "equivalent" for not serving ads for two different accounts for the same time? Can you give more details about it?

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Leandro,

Client's MCC has 5 accounts. There is a possibility that some accounts target the same keyword.

I want to mark accounts under the MCC as "equivalent" which will prevent serving ads from two different accounts at the same time. I heard that it is possible but I'm not sure how to do it.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ines,

That's very interesting. I don't any feature that does that automatically for accounts inside the MCC. The only method I know would be to create Custom Ad Schedule so the accounts could run separate from each other, but you would have to create this for each account.

Here you can learn how:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en

If anyone else knows about this feature, I'd love to hear.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Just a word of warning... if the client has 5 accounts and these are using the same keywords to send traffic to different sites, all owned by the same company - or even pages on the same site - this can lead to double serving issues. There is often an innocent reason for this - I had a similar issue recently with a client who owns three websites one for a city, another for the region and a third for the country in which they operate. All were using the same keywords in many cases, and, of course, the country level was including the region and the city, and the city included the city - so there was double serving happening.

I consolidated the campaigns into one account and used the geo-targeting to try and target the different sites using exclusions. In this way we avoid any double serving issues and this was the approach that Google also recommended in this case.

Even where measures are taken to avoid the double serving, it can happen - or be perceived as being able to happen by Google and accounts can be suspended.

Exactly why does the client have 5 different accounts and how much keyword overlap is there between them?

BTW - I have heard of this option that you mention where you kind of "group" your different accounts - kind of telling Google - "Look there's a possibility that these accounts could double serve, so please group them so that doesn't happen" - but in truth I have not been down this particular rabbit hole - perhaps others can weigh in here.

I'd be careful to get this right, however, as coming back from a double serving slap could be a long and painful process.