2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Link youtube channel to another Adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently i have received an email from Youtube Analitics that looks like this:

Hello " Channel name" user!
We have detected suspicious activity on your "Channel Name" Youtube channel. 
If you do not want your channel to be suspended, please prove you are the real owner by clicking the link below and entering your channel name. Link....
If I click the link it takes me to a step where i have to link my channel  to an Adwords account that is different than my Adwords accound Id.
Did any of you got this email?
Is it for real or is it fake?
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by topic author Anda C
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Anda C,

It is very likely a scam. There would be no reason that AdWords or YouTube would have you link to another account for any purpose... none. It sounds like a bad AdWords operator trying to link your accounts to theirs.  

The best thing to do is to open AdWords and click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and call the number shown. This is AdWords Support and tell them what has taken place and have them review your account. You can also click on Help (same location) and use another method to interact with support. Make sure to report all the info, including what AdWords account it tries to link you to so they can remove/ban them from the AdWords system. 

It is advisable to never click emails that you are not sure are validated. You should review the the message source of the email and look at all of the email addresses and verify each of them when anything seems suspicious. I do this for all emails... then report, block and ban the bad ones.   

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks foe this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes of course