AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Link Google Analytics property and AdWords Client account (without email) created by MCC Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have Google AdWords Test MCC (Manager) account and there I created Client account (with only ID but not email). Also I have Google Analytics account. I provided admin access at AdWords for Analytics email and also edit access at Analytics for AdWords MCC email.

I want to link AdWords client account with Analytics property but there is an error "User does not have sufficient permissions for this web property".

I thought that I would have those permissions by providing full access for MCC account (because I can't provide that access for Client Account because it has no email for providing access).

The question: is it possible to link AdWords account (created by MCC without email) with Analytics property?

P.S. - under MCC I can invite new client by email and provide that email with edit access level at Analytics and then successfully link Analytics property and this AdWords account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dmitry R
November 2016

Link Google Analytics property and AdWords Client account (without email) created by MCC Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Finally, Google Support Team responded: "There is no possibility to link Google Analytics to a test account. Test accounts can never serve ads, so there wouldn't be anything to analyze."

And so in my case - I use AdWords API under test MCC account - it's not possible to test linking AdWords client account and Analytics property; as Google Support Team noticed: "Unfortunately, this means that any development for the Analytics integration with the AdWords API will need to be done on a live account.".

Hope this will help anyone.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Here is process I tried

1. I created client account under MCC

2. I added email ID of MCC to my GA

3. I navigated in adwords to settings >> linked accounts> 

4. Here I selected my GA account and linked it

This worked for me.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It didn't help me.

At the end of step 3 (under MCC) I clicked to Google Analytics (view details) and can see my properties. But after click to 'set link' nothing change. But also at Google Analytics property under "Adwords linking" there is any account.

Here (Google documentation) I found "AdWords linking is currently available for single AdWords accounts. Linking between Analytics and My Client Center (MCC) AdWords accounts is not currently supported.".

Do you know does it mean that we can't link only Manager Account or even Client Accounts created by manager?

P.S. - Maybe the problem is that I'm using Test MCC account (which I need to be Test for making API calls to AdWords API).

Thank you, Dmitry.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dmitry R
November 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Finally, Google Support Team responded: "There is no possibility to link Google Analytics to a test account. Test accounts can never serve ads, so there wouldn't be anything to analyze."

And so in my case - I use AdWords API under test MCC account - it's not possible to test linking AdWords client account and Analytics property; as Google Support Team noticed: "Unfortunately, this means that any development for the Analytics integration with the AdWords API will need to be done on a live account.".

Hope this will help anyone.