AdWords
4.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Limited By Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello-

How can my campaign be "Limited by Budget" and also have high impression share (90's).  If it was limited by budget, wouldn't that cause the impression share to be low?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Limited By Budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Amanda,

When you enable the additional Impression Share Lost columns, what does the info tell you. Does it suggest you're losing IS due to budget or rank at all?

I've not run into this myself but I'm wondering if you might just be on the border of the budget you would need to achieve a very high IS.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Limited By Budget

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

"Limited by budget" means you've been consistently hitting your daily budget limit too often. The actual impression share is irrelevant. You could be at 99% share, but if your daily limit is what's keeping you from hitting 100%, you're limited by budget.

This is where you're supposed to stop and think: If your current campaign is profitable, and your business can handle the additional customers, why aren't you spending to get that extra 10% share? As long as ROI justifies the ad spend, there's no reason not to go for 100% impression share.

If ROI Is bad, then don't worry about budget limitations. Fix ROI first.