2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Limbo in closing / accessing new AdWords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried to unintentionally create a regular AdWords account which required me to create a campaign straight away. As we want to be able to manage clients AdWords accounts I realized that we needed to register an AdWords Manager Account. Great. Since I did not finalize me registration for the regular AdWords account I ended up in a limbo that required me to create a campaign in order to create a Manager Account...

So, now I have created an AdWords Manager Account using a different email, but I would like for the other email to be associated with this account. I added the old email as an administrator in the Dashboard – however, I am not able to login to the AdWords dashboard using this email (and am therefore unable to configure any settings for this email – no 'gears' icon). I feel like I am missing an obvious 'cancel account' next to the 'Finish setup' that I received an email about.

Do anyone have any suggestion to how I can cancel my unfinished AdWords account in order to access the Manager Account? I can see no relevant help on the AdWords Support sites.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Limbo in closing / accessing new AdWords account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If I got you correctly, you'll have to first unlinked the "regular" account from the "first" email by having another email taking over this account, and then you'll be able to link this email (=the first one) to the MCC
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Limbo in closing / accessing new AdWords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is exactly what I tried. But since I ended up in a registration limbo for the first email I am unable to unlink the regular account from this email :/

Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 10.10.47.png