AdWords
5.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords planner tool

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

While using keyword planner tool, for getting search volume data and trends, we can put only 800 keywords at a time. Is there any way, we can put more than these no. of keywords at once.

Regards,

Abhishek

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keywords planner tool

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @abhishek s I know of no way of exceeding these limits, but then again 800 Keywords is an awful lot to be looking at.  Are you doing this for a single client AdWords account or for some other research?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes Jon, its for single client AdWords account.

Regards,

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi abhishek,

As mentioned 800 are more than enough to select from.
But still there can be more than 800 in total.
Suppose you add 20-30 by yourself to look similar keywords in the trend then adwords will show estimated bids and searches for 800 + these 20-30.
So, any number of keywords you will add to get ideas these will be additional to the 800 ideas by planner.(only in case if the niche you are searching is not very narrow)

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @abhishek s 800 Keywords seems like an awful lot to be testing in one go for any logical or recommended Campaign structure.  Since it's a good idea to create Ad Groups closely related by theme, containing (usually) no more than 20 or so Keywords, it's more normal to see testing by Group, i.e. no more than 20 or so Keywords at a time.  While an entire Account may end up with a lot of Keywords, I'd suggest that trying to analyse them all at once, spread across many themes, is going to be more confusing than useful.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @Jon_Gritton, yes I agree with you but here I am looking for all sets of keywords that can be possible for search from end user. Actually there are good no. of ad groups as per tight theme of keywords, so which is resulting into a lot of keywords & having 800 terms for getting estimated trends seems long process if you have thousands of keywords to be analysed. So, i was looking for something, that can assist with Google AdWords estimated traffic & with less effort.
By the way, thanks Jon for assistance & your valuable time.