AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner will not work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been using Keyword Planner for quite some time.
I have an active campaign and my billing information is up to date.

That being said, it will not let me access the planner and keeps telling me that I need an active campaign.  I am prompted to refresh the page if I do have an active campaign; but, when I refresh I am taken back to the "sorry" page where it tells me I need an active campaign.

I have cleared the history/cache.
I have double-checked my campaign and my billing.

I am absolutely stumped and growing tired of the same "you need an active campaign" solution since I have an active campaign and that is not the issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Keyword Planner will not work

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
It sounds like you have everything active and should be able to use the tool and have checked all the "usual suspects" of active campaign, cache, billing, etc.

You can try to access the keyword planner directly using this link https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner and if this does not work, you should contact google Adwords support by phone to report issue and seek assistance from google staff at 866-246-6453

Hope this Helps!

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable
Hi Jim,

Did you find out what the issue was? I am having the same problems and have talked to Google Support who is supposed to contact me back.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately, no. It is an apparent mystery. I will continue to search
for a solution and will share if I find one.

Not applicable
# 5
Not applicable
I found another posting about it: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Account-Issues/Keyword-Planner-malfunction/m-p/572...

The account I was using has several sub accounts within it and even if I opened up one of them and went to the keyword planner tool, it would come up with this error or further down the line. I ended up creating a new adwords account and now it is working. I had to create an ad, billing info, and then I just paused the ad.