AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner malfunction

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've been encountering the same problem with the Keyword Planner for about a month or longer. It's not every time but common enough to significantly hinder my work.

https://www.evernote.com/l/ACiiSO94XStE9r6024IFizDno68ucTXZAwA

Anyone else encounter this/have a fix?

Re: Keyword Planner malfunction

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I think I may have solved the problem.

I have a MCC account. I signed out of my MCC account and in to a standard adwords account. Keyword planner seems to be working fine now. Fingers crossed it continues.

Perhaps there's a conflict with the MMC account and keyword planner.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jake,

Yes I sometimes encounter issues with the Keyword Planner when I try to access directly and not through an MCC child account.

Since MCC accounts aren't the same as the child accounts, the planning tools don't work with it (since you're meant to be able to add/create ad groups and keywords from the planner, but those entities don't exist at MCC level)

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Having same problems, and multiple people I know do too. Not in MCC account. Some try Adwords real account, others just trying the "free" version with no active adwords account. Many having problems.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same here, since a few days either "To use keyword planner..." or "There was an unknown error. Please try again." Really annoying.

Not applicable
# 6
Not applicable
I had the same issues and also have several accounts. I created a new adwords account and the keyword planner tool works. What a mess.