AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used Google adwords ads in the past for various websites I previously owned that I since have sold.  Recently I decided to get back into online retail and open another store. 

I previously used Google Keyword Planner Tool to determine the best products to open and build the store.  Now that I don't currently have an active store and thus an active adword campaign I can no longer use the keyword planner correctly.  I can get some data but it's way too vague and doesn't help me determine real search data.  I've been forced to use the Bing keyword planning tool.

I see this as the "chicken and the egg" scenario in my particular case.  Google.....how do you expect me to run an ad campaign if I don't have a website/online store?  How do you expect me to build a quality high ranking store if I can't see the real numbers on your keyword planner tool? 

At the very least give us an opportunity to buy into the keyword planner tool without requiring an active adwords ad first.  I would pay a small monthly fee to simply use the keyword planner tool.  On the other end I'll buy back into the adwords ads once the site is up and running.

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword Planner Tool

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @PWG G,

There are many that feel this same way. I am sure Google is evaluating the changes, as they do with everything else, so there is no telling what the future holds. Stay tuned and thanks for providing the feedback.

Kind Regards,

James