AdWords
1.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner / Landing page Results Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im trying to do some Keyword Research by typing in  www.typetwentyfive.co.uk into the Keywords Landing Page option. The results for keyword (by relevance) always comes up as 'project plan'. Any ideas why? My site is about graphic design and I dont know how/where Google is getting this from. This result happens for every page of my site, so there is something in the code which Google is hanging on to. Any ideas what it might be so I can fix this? Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dean H,

The word project is used extensively, along with project planner at the bottom of the page and in the footer. It would seem that the way your site is coded that these terms are holding a lot of weight. You could change up these terms and not use project so much? 

Instead of saying project everywhere, use Graphic Design Project and stuff like that. You would want the heavily used words to be graphic design project, logo designs, website design, and stuff like that (not project). 

I think if you look at the site again and scan the front page for the word project... you will see this. 

Also, the Project Planner button at the bottom of the front page slowly redirects to /work/logo-design/ so not sure why the button link does not simply go directly to /work/logo-design/? Why not relabel this button to Logo Designs and have it land directly on that page?

And the Project Planner link in the menu goes to /brief-us/, which is different from the other link? These all need to be clearly labeled and go to where they say they are going. Project Planner should be Free Consultation or Get Started Now or some type of call to action that is direct and engaging and is not trickery. I say this in the nicest way and not to be disrespectful but to point out what it seems like to your visitors. 

Once a small business creates a website, they must work on making that website a great user experience for visitors. How do they do that? They provide a well-structured website with relevant content presented on a fast-loading and mobile-responsive, modern website. It also must not have errors or issues that harm a visitor or that prevents Google from crawling your website. 

You should also be using Google Analytics and Google Search Console to better understand what is happening with your website and how Google sees your website, too. 

1) Visit Google Search Console.

2) Use the Google Developers Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

3) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

4) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

5) Visit Google Analytics and setup your website.

Utilize the steps as they are outlined. Visit #1 and dig into your website actions with Google. Use #2 to bring your score up and get any optimized content to download & use. Complete everything and then go to #3. Complete everything and go to step #4. Now go to step #5 and dig into what is actually happening with visitors and your website.

From here, you need to have a strong and consistent social presence that is updated with content related to your products & services. And you need to utilize a local online presence by being listed on local directories (YP, BBB, etc.). And all of your online information needs to be consistent and correct.

All of this will be a continual process of repeating the above steps 2-3 times per month for the life of your business.  

Please know that some of this has nothing to do with your request, but it is the help you need to get your website where it needs to be. I am offering it all to be helpful but please disregard if it is not wanted in any way.

King Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James

Thank you for your reply. I get what you are saying and have changed some the the instances of 'project'. What I dont understand is why Keyword Planner picked up un the 5 instances of 'Project' when there are 16 instances of 'design' and 8 instances of graphic design' ?

I get the same result on every page of the site, So I'm not sure its to do with the density of certain words.

Thanks

Dean