AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Issue with Ad Creation for Remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There seems to be an issue with the remarketing ad creation tool in Adwords. It is not letting me upload my images to create my ad units for remarketing. My images are gifs and I am getting an error message saying its not a supported file type. I haven't had this issue before with remarketing ad creation. Could it be due to the new image ad creation tool and the fact that there may be some bugs? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Joseph M,

For animated or non-animated GIFs the max size is 150KB. Larger sizes are no supported. Please check out details on the help page linked-to below.

***   Upload image ads in different sizes   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722096?hl=en

Best,

Lakatos

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

"Remarketing ads" are not an ad type. Which ad type(s) are you having the issue with? Manually created image ads, ad gallery ads, responsive ads, etc. ?

Tom

Re: Issue with Ad Creation for Remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You obviously knew what I meant

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

No I don't, that's why I asked. Google has been making changes to the image ad creation tool, and if everything should be right but it's still not working, knowing what type of ads you are trying to create may help identify the problem.

Tom