AdWords
5.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way of bringing a Display ad over to another ad group without losing any of the data that

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to bring over a good performing display ad into another ad group that has multiple ads in it. I am afraid that the ad will not be show much as it will have no data behind it.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dermot C
January 2017

Is there a way of bringing a Display ad over to another ad group without losing any of the data that

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Dermot C

Not that I am aware of....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Once you move an ad to another ad group history is reset. The best would be to pause  the ad in its current ad group and copy a  "new version" into the "other" ad-group.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheTLV. Is there any method at all in bringing existing data over without it resetting to scratch? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dermot C
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Dermot C

Not that I am aware of....