AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a reason why an agency shouldn't link a client's AdWords account to it's Analytics?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client has access to his Google Analytics account and wants to see his AdWords data. However, the marketing agency optimizing the campaigns refuses to link AdWords to the Analytics. Is there any reason behind this? Or are they hiding something?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Is there a reason why an agency shouldn't link a client's AdWords account to it's Analytics?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No; and this is quite surprising, unless they consider analyzing the data from Analytics as additional service and would like to charge for that. (I do charge, for the analysis of the broader traffic sources,  and the strategy  recommended  based on the analysis. - Not  for techniaclly linking accounts.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your answer. I'm sure the reason agencies refuse to link the AdWords and Analytics is because they're stealing the business owner's money and reporting on false results. If the business owner could see AdWords data in Google Analytics, then he/she would be able to verify that the agency's reports and spend were true.