AdWords
1.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible that someone else created an adwords acct. w/our name causing us to be obscured?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible that someone else created an adwords account using our company name and is causing us to be obscured?

When searching for "Springfield Computer Repair", our company name, we see not one matching result (when searching for bob, you wouldn't expect results for tim, joh, tony).

When we add the word ohio at the end of the search terms we get everybody but us (which just happen to have those particular words in our company name).

In fact, if you add Troy Road (our address) to the search term, it matters in which order you place that new term (i.e. Springfield Computer Repair Troy Road seems to work best, but still our server is not anywhere one might expect it to be located; our server is http://computer-repair-springfield.com).   We noticed better results when searching yandex, bing, and even baidu has us as second.

At one time we had an account with adwords but some strange occurrences were recurring (such as being suspended three times consecutively but google responds with an apology and state they are clueless...other times our adwords were being propagated over 100 miles away despite our opting for close proximity.

So my question is:  Is it possible that someone else created an adwords account using our company name and is causing us to be obscured?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it possible that someone else created an adwords acct. w/our name causing us to be obscured?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello there;
If I understood you correctly, your question is about your organic ranking of your business. This has nothing to do with AdWords past or present performances. AdWords and 'organic ranking' are two different systems with different ranking algorithms.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Is it possible that someone else created an adwords acct. w/our name causing us to be obscured?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Kenny,

Agree with MosheTLV.

But no one create another company AdWords account. If you are searching your company name and you are getting Sponsor Text Ads in Google it means that your competitors is biding your company name keywords in their AdWords campaign and that's why you are getting those Text Ads.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand