AdWords
4.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Instead of a daily budget, is it possible to set a lifetime budget for my Ad words campaign ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Why adwords ran my campaign over the 30$ daily budget up to more than 300% more than the daily budget?ora mi incazzo.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Instead of a daily budget, is it possible to set a lifetime budget for my Ad words campaign ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @HomeBA A this apparent overspend can happen when there is a very large target for a Campaign.  Looking at what I can see on your screenshot, your Campaign appears to be targeting the entire planet using the Display Network and that's likely to capture quite a large audience...

At the end of your current billing period you should find you will only be charged a sum that matches what your daily budget was set to; you may also see overdelivery credits.  See here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2393018?hl=en

In short, what you see in AdWords as costs, especially costs for "today", as you're showing here, may not necessarily be what you're actually charged.

As an aside, do you really want to target the entire planet with this Campaign?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits