AdWords
5.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

In appropropriate wording with my ad How to change them?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, a friend put together my new website as a Mobile massage therapist, he signed me up with Adword , although what is coming up  underneath my web address are things written like 24 hour service, after hour service, private sessions, it makes me sound like a hooker in which I am  most definitely Not it is most  distressing to me How can I change these words in the search? my website address is www.helanmobilemassage.com  They do not come up every time although Most times.  Please I do not know how to change the words and How did they get there in the first place? Any Help greatly appreciated.

Helan

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TheBubaleon H
September 2016

Re: In appropropriate wording with my ad How to change them?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @TheBubaleon H,

You are very welcome. I don't blame you for wanting them changed.

Once the changes are made, they are complete. If you are still seeing them, he could have missed an ad or some keywords.. or they could be in your browser cache. You should clear your history (cache) with your web browser. 

Further, you can have him add negative keywords for those that are distasteful to you or not relevant to you and your services. This would prevent your ad for showing for these keywords. Keep in mind that keywords are not ads, so if you see them within the ads themselves, they have to be changed, not the keywords. Keywords are a targeting method.

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @TheBubaleon H,

I took a quick look at your website and did not see the wording you described, nor were they present in the general search results pages for Google.

So, they must be in your keywords and ad copy within AdWords? Are you running an AdWords campaign or is he, the developer? You will need to log in to your AdWords account to see and adjust the targeting used with AdWords. If you do not have access to this, ask the developer to add you as an admin so that you both can access. Or simply ask them to change the keywords and ad copy to reflect something more gracious and refined. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much James , Yes he is the developer and running the campaign I had numerous emails with him and he assured me he changed them although this morning still the same wording which you are correct are Not in my website , nor do they come up every time ! But Most of the time enough for people to stay away or reflect within my community I am not what the website reflects .How long does it take to change the Adword as he stated he changed it 2 days ago, is it instant or take a few days?
Many Thanks Kindly Helan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TheBubaleon H
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @TheBubaleon H,

You are very welcome. I don't blame you for wanting them changed.

Once the changes are made, they are complete. If you are still seeing them, he could have missed an ad or some keywords.. or they could be in your browser cache. You should clear your history (cache) with your web browser. 

Further, you can have him add negative keywords for those that are distasteful to you or not relevant to you and your services. This would prevent your ad for showing for these keywords. Keep in mind that keywords are not ads, so if you see them within the ads themselves, they have to be changed, not the keywords. Keywords are a targeting method.

Kind Regards,

James