AdWords
5.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

In Google Adwords, What's the difference between Display URL and Landing Page URL ?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Do they mean the same thing? Why are they asked differently?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

In Google Adwords, What's the difference between Display URL and Landing Page URL ?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@harsher h

No, they are not the same, but are certainly related.

Display URL is the URL that shows in the ad.
Landing Page URL is the URL that actually loads when someone clicks. 

They can be the same, but there are different reasons why they may not be.

One example would be to make it fit in the ad if you have a really long one. An example would be:

Display URL =  site.com/Blue/Widgets
Landing Page URL = site.com/category/product/blue-widgets-c23456.html

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@harsher h

No, they are not the same, but are certainly related.

Display URL is the URL that shows in the ad.
Landing Page URL is the URL that actually loads when someone clicks. 

They can be the same, but there are different reasons why they may not be.

One example would be to make it fit in the ad if you have a really long one. An example would be:

Display URL =  site.com/Blue/Widgets
Landing Page URL = site.com/category/product/blue-widgets-c23456.html

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

What's difference between Final Url And Lnding Page?

Final url is just for the sake of view(in ad) and Landing page is the actual Page where the person will get redirected?

Is it necessary to add a path, cuz, i don't have one. What to do?

Thank you.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@harsher h

That's correct. 

You can only edit the path fields at this point.  The path fields are the /Blue/Widget part of the example I gave you earlier.  You should understand that the site domain must match.  You can't have site.com as your Display URL, and website.com as your landing page url.  This is to ensure a good user experience. 

To edit these, go to the ads tab and hover over the ad you want to edit.  A gray pencil will appear in the top right corner. Click it, and follow the prompt. You'll then see the ability to edit or add to these path fields.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

No,

1. What's the difference between Landing Page and Final Url? Is Final Page just for the sake of view?

2. I don't have a path, i don' wish to add it either. I want to redirect to homepage, will it do?

3. How to edit Final URL(Not path) ?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Oh, sorry.

Final URL is the new name for Landing Page URL.  They changed the name, but they mean the same thing.

You don't have to use a path. I was just giving you an example.  Sending to the home page is just fine. This means that your Final URL and Display URL will be the same. 

You edit your ads as I described. That was instructions for editing the entire ad. When you follow those steps, you'll see there are options to change/edit every part of the ad. You can edit all or some. It's up to you.

In google Adwords, What's the difference between Final URL and Landing Page URL?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Do they both have the same application? Are they both same? What's the difference?

In google Adwords, What's the difference between Final URL and Landing Page?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

In google Adwords, What's the difference between Final URL and Landing Page URL?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, can you answer my question?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

They are both the same