AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

If adwords account gets suspended can you promote your website through adwords via another agency?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!
Today, few of my accounts (7 or 8, two others pointing to a different website with different CC, and business did not get suspended) under MCC got suspended with the "We've identified suspicious behavior in the payment activity of this or your other AdWords accounts" message. Al those accounts were at some point in time used to promote one website (but never at the same time) , and a promo coupon from my google partners was used after the creation of account and initial payment. I thought that double serving is forbidden but that you can have as many new accounts as you want and redeem a coupon for each of them.. Now, after investigating I am aware that I wasn't informed well. I've submitted the form for a review of the suspension and I am waiting for a response.

My question is: if the ban becomes permanent - will I be able to promote my website through adwords by hiring some big reputable agency to do that for me through their accounts?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

If adwords account gets suspended can you promote your website through adwords via another agency?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Daniel G,

A permanent ban will include your Google account, you and your website.

Be cautious with the warnings.

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Daniel G,

A permanent ban will include your Google account, you and your website.

Be cautious with the warnings.

Kind Regards,

James 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

you wont be able to advertise your site even with a big agency.

regards,

Zaby

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys,

Just spoke to adwords support. We were on the phone for 20 mins, and they were quite supportive.

They've said that from recently Google treats all accounts separately, that my website is not suspended and I can use future adwords advertisement from new or other non suspended account if i don't abuse the coupon policy. I am a little skeptical, but thats what they told me.

Before talking to the customer service I've received automated e-mail from google and a automated response. 

Automated email:

Dear AdWords Advertiser,

Google maintains a high standard for the quality of our advertisements and our user experience. We have recently determined that your business maintains multiple AdWords accounts simultaneously serving ads for similar or related keywords and/or businesses.

In addition, our records indicate that some or all of these accounts were opened using promotional coupons limited to one redemption per individual or business. As a result, we have suspended your AdWords accounts and would ask that you refrain from creating additional accounts using other AdWords promotional coupons that you may already possess or obtain in the future.

That that mean I can't use any account or just account created with promo coupon?

Automated response:

We've reviewed your account and found that it unfortunately doesn't comply with the following promotional credit requirements:

- The promotional coupon is non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered.
- One promotional credit per customer.
- A promotional code can only be used in the territory where it's originally
distributed.

To review our promotional credit requirements, please see:
http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1396257

As a result, your account and any related accounts you may have created have been suspended. Your ads will no longer run on Google.

NEXT STEPS

1. If you believe this is an error, the Google team is here to help. Appeal the suspension at 
https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended.

2. We don't allow any form of trading promotional codes. If you use additional promotional coupons that violate the policies outlined above, your new accounts will be permanently suspended, and you won't be able to open new accounts.

Google only distributes free promotional codes to new AdWords advertisers directly or via authorized third parties, such as our Google Certified Partners, at our discretion.

Google maintains a high standard for the quality of our advertisements and user experience. The Terms and Conditions you accepted when you signed up for AdWords state that Google reserves the right to review and stop running any ads when necessary. Please visit https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder to review our Terms and Conditions.

For privacy reasons, we're unable to provide any additional information regarding this account. Thank you for your understanding.

What's my next step if I have one?

Thanks in advance

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks Daniel G for sharing the feedback from the AdWords Support.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you think I can open a new account (or use the older private non MCC not suspended account) under my MCC advertise as normal? I don't plan to use the coupons ever again.

My MCC account is not suspended (and the google support said that it should not be suspended), it seems only accounts which were used for the same business (and also had a coupon redeemed for that business) were suspended.

I've deleted campaigns from MCC and started using my old private account to promote my website and everything is working normal. The problem is that currently I have my private AMEX set up as CC, and business data is different, and I would like to use my business VISA card with business billing data from my suspended account (because of the bookkeeping). 

I am afraid to change or create anything now...

Should I:

1. Just change the billing address and CC data on my private not suspended account which is working, and continue to promote from there

2. Open new account under my MCC with the same data as before, but without (of course) using a coupon ever

3. Hire an agency to promote

4. Open fresh account on my other company, and promote my website from there (of course - I am not going to use the coupons)  

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Daniel,

I wonder what did you do to your website (open a new adword account, hire an agency or something)? Because i account got suspended too. Can you update your case? thank you.

Re: If adwords account gets suspended can you promote your website through adwords via another agenc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

I've contacted my local Adwords contact and they said to just open new account. Everything is working since. I am using the same credit card and company name, but i am carefull to comply with the rules

Sent from my iPhone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Did you figure out what was wrong with your account? My account is suspended due to suspicious payment activities too, and i am still have no idea what is wrong with my account. And how can i contact my local adwords? Thank you.

Regard

Re: If adwords account gets suspended can you promote your website through adwords via another agenc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes. I used to many promo coupons for my business (on few different accounts). You should never use more than one coupon for single business, otherwise you could get suspended.

Sent from my iPhone