AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

I would like to stop this adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to stop this form of advertisement all together, it's not google paying my internet bill and I don't like to interference with sights I visit. They offer an opt out option but that never works to any effect.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I would like to stop this adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mathew, 

Welcome to AdWords Community.

I understand your state of mind, but to me Google is nowhere to be blamed in it. The ads you see on the sites you visit are shown to you because the website owners have opted to show ads to their visitors.

And it does make sense, the website owners must need a way to monetize. Running a website has several kinds of costs involved. They need to find ways to survive and to keep serving all visitors like you with great quality contents. Google ads helps them do it effectively. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would think it nothing more then SPAM, if I wanted the product, I know how to source it. This is not good business it's intrusive and a violation to my right to privacy, but I'm sure it's not of importance to today's mind set.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Personally, this is the way I see it. Ads are going to show on any website you visit anyway, would you rather have A) Ads that are specifically targeted to matching certain criteria related to you or B) Ads that are completely irrelevant.

However, I must say if an ad is interfering with your interaction with the website, that is an ineffective way of advertising, and a bad ad, because it fosters dislike for the brand and their products.

But of course that's just my opinion i hope it eases some concerns Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dylan, You got it right in the 2nd paragraph. For the intrusion alone I'd never buy the product or visit their website.