AdWords
2.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

I want my Google adwords campaign to come up nationally for local region, best way to do it

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So i'm based in southwest England and I want to advertise all over uk, for my service that I provide only in the southwest of England?

1 Expert replyverified_user

I want my Google adwords campaign to come up nationally for local region, best way to do it

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @mdc99,

Welcome to the community!

If you want to change your targeting to nationally, all you need to do is go into your campaign settings and select location targeting.

See the guide below....

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043?hl=en-GB

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask! Smiley Happy

Regards,

Terry

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I would create two campaigns with duplicate keyword sets. One targeting your area of service in Southwest England and the other targeting the rest of the UK. This allows you to do two key things:

1. Differentiate the keyword level bids by location as performance will likely be worse in the region outside of your service area, and

2. Differentiate the ad copy by location. For the campaign targeting the region outside of your service area, the ad copy should explain that you only provide service in Southwest England. This will reduce the amount of wasted ad spend by helping potential customers understand your area of service before clicking.

Hope that helps,

Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.