AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

I want Adwords to stop lowering my bids

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google at some point in the recent past seems to have made it far more difficult to turn off auto bidding. We want to set our own bids and manage our own budget. I watch the budget, and if it runs down, I take care of it. My current campaign bid strategy is set to "accelerated" - the new term for manual bidding. Still, Adwords keeps lowering my keyword bids arbitrarily. That is contrary to my wishes as an advertiser and contrary to my campaign settings. I would appreciate it if someone please could explain how to prevent Adwords from messing with our bids ever again. It appears that even if one chooses "accelerated," Adwords still tampers with bids. Is that true? Perhaps other advertisers have the same issue and would welcome a clarification from the company.
Thank you,
-Jim Gribble

1 Expert replyverified_user

I want Adwords to stop lowering my bids

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Jim G

I think you've mixed up some features.   Accelerated is not a bidding strategy, but rather a delivery preference. 

It sounds like your bidding strategy is set to "Enhanced CPC."  You need to make sure that it is set to Manual CPC, and that Enhanced CPC is not enabled.  This section on the settings page is found right above delivery preferences where you choose either standard or accelerated.