2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

I need step by step ownership transfer instructions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to keep my personal email but its linked to the business that I have sold.. help please

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

I need step by step ownership transfer instructions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Pete C,

A Gmail or Google account is assigned to a person and then that person uses it for various reasons within the Google properties and services they add to it. If it is your personal email, how is it linked to the business you have sold? Is it a Gmail email account? 

Are you simply wanting to transfer admin access / ownership of an AdWords account you used for the business? If so, you do not transfer the email, but more that add a new admin user to that Adwords account and then they can remove you as a user. This makes the AdWords account completely theirs and no longer yours in any way. I would be sure that the billing profile is in their name before they remove you from it so that you are not responsible for payment. A billing profile can be completely different from the admin/owner/operator of the AdWords account. 

Once you complete the steps I have outlined, AdWords is no longer your concern... but your email account is and has remained yours 100%. Never give out your email credentials to give someone access to an AdWords account. You should always control access by adding and removing users with the right level of permissions. 

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile