AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

I manage 3 websites ( same business) so should I consolidate them into 1 Adwords account?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to create a manager account. For now I have 1 client with 3 websites, each needing campaigns. Do I need to set each one up separately and if so do they get billed 3x instead of just one?

I have more domains/businesses to add so it does make sense to go with the management account, just not sure about the above setup... I read alot of posts and have get to get a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance for any assistance Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

I manage 3 websites ( same business) so should I consolidate them into 1 Adwords account?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Meredith S,

The AdWords Manager account is a great way to go... I would hate to use multiple accounts without it. 

Edit: Stickleback answers is correct.

Be sure to link AdWords to Analytics (and Search Console to Analytics). 

Once you get that client set up, move to the other AdWords accounts. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

My comments here may be a little oversimplistic, but the fundamentals will serve...

A single client should really have a single account. Within this account they can run campaigns fo as many different websites as they wish.

They could, just as easily set up a separate account for each of their websites, but they then run a risk of the same keyword(s) appearing in two or all three of their accounts and ads appearing for each of their websites. Since they own all three, this would be classed as trying to "gain an unfair advantage" - previously known as double-serving.

With a single account this cannot happen and, as a result, this is a recommended manner by which to handle multiple websites owned by a single business entity.

The MCC account is designed for account managers who have multiple, independent clients.

Hope that helps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Meredith, 

Each site should have its own account and the accounts should be managed under an MCC.

regards,

Zaby

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I think I'm going with the odds here.

One account per customer, add their websites under that account - and of course all linked up and good to go.

Thank you for your speedy replies - much appreciated! Best to ask now than be sorry later Smiley Happy

Meredith