AdWords
1.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

I'm not even an adwords customer and my account was suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Today I received an email google saying that my adwords account was suspended. I've never created any campaign inside adwords.

I do login to adwords last year to use keyword planner, but that was last year and that's it. I didn't input any credit card or anything.

I do use google analytics for my site (analytics is fine, not suspended or anything).

Lol google.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Stefanus S,

If I am reading your lines okay, you do not wish to run AdWords campaigns currently. I'd also note that the use of the keyword planner tool was effectively restricted for users without a decent advertising spend, as of last August. Restrictions came in response to heavy misuse.

Thanks for your question!

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

In order to get access of the Google Keywords Planner, you need to add credit cards and create dummy campaign in pause state.

Don't worry your Google analytics and website are not affected by this account suspension.

If you don't want to use the keywords planner, pls ignore this message.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I don't intend to use adwords at the moment. But this is worrying, because what if I do want to use adwords in the future?

If google ban me, does that mean I cannot use adwords, ever? I'm really confused as to why I was banned, since I don't even have any campaigns, never created one.

I want to contact google support, but adwords support page is confusing, to say the least (my problem was not available in the dropdown to choose)

Should I call google rep in my country and ask? Will that helps?

Thank you

Stefan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stefanus S,

Did you managed to receive an answer / explanation? I just received the same email as you and I don't have any adwords campaign inside nor add any credits. I did email them and their reply is like this:

"

Dear advertiser,

Thanks for your continued patience during this process. We’ve confirmed that your account is in violation of our AdWords policies. Since this decision is final, the account will not be reinstated. Please avoid creating additional AdWords accounts, as they will be subjected to the same suspension.

Our support team will not be able to give you any more specifics on the suspension.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

"

That crazy, I mean how if I want to do adwords campaign in the future.

But. I do have campaign using another email address but is my company one. I don't think they are related as the company accounts are not suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah no solution yet. I'm not sure what to think for this whole situation.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, I have the same problem. I was considering to use Adwords so I activated the account. However due lack of need I've been leaving it inactive until I need to use it. I have a company site and I fear that it would affect it. @Lakatos @Rakesh Kumar Have you experienced something like this and do you have any idea how to fix it?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @NatasyaPard,

Negative, I for one have not. Actually in Nov-Dec, I started using a few AdWords accounts that were created and funded by promo codes a number of years ago. They worked fine. Therefore I'd say chances are that AdWords accounts and their balances never expire according to my own experience. So that you know I have access to 194 accounts currently and am with AdWords since 2006 and never experienced such issues.

Based on incoming complaints in this community, it may be pretty much different when you are caught red-handed in some wrongdoing. Either minor or major.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I haven't created any campaigns yet. Didn't add any credit cards, or promo codes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Guys I talked to a few people in Google... it's just because of our inactivity. Won't be a problem if we decide to use in future. Cheers, not a big problem afterall.