AdWords
2.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

I keept getting this error message in Google Ad Words "There was an error with your operation. If yo

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep getting this message when trying to create my first AdWords campaign "There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved. Please refresh this page to try again. If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page.". I was still able to do everything except select the keywords, the box to type the key words in won't load since this message started popping up. I have dried deleting history, cookies, cache, rebooting my computer, using Explorer instead of Chrome, uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome, and nothing works. I do not have an ad blocker, and my only Chrome extensions are Drive, Google Docs, and Google Docs offline. Can anyone help? Very frustrating that what should have been a quick task is turning into an entire afternoon!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

I keept getting this error message in Google Ad Words "There was an error with your operation. If yo

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Allison H,

Please only post one time for the same issue, and always make your own thread (versus hijacking someone else's thread).

With that said, it sounds like you have done a lot of the steps that typically works in getting AdWords to work. 

The next thing we would have to consider is that your computer security firewall/Internet security software is blocking the domain: https://adwords.google.com and you would want to add an exception to it and then restart your computer and access Google AdWords again. 

Please let us know what happens.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

My adword account creation is stuck.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm experiencing the same issue and have tried all of those things. Any other suggestions?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Allison H,

Please only post one time for the same issue, and always make your own thread (versus hijacking someone else's thread).

With that said, it sounds like you have done a lot of the steps that typically works in getting AdWords to work. 

The next thing we would have to consider is that your computer security firewall/Internet security software is blocking the domain: https://adwords.google.com and you would want to add an exception to it and then restart your computer and access Google AdWords again. 

Please let us know what happens.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried turning the firewall off completely, rebooting, signing out, back in, and still getting the same error. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Allison H,

You will need to contact AdWords Support to resume with troubleshooting as they can access your account with you, whereas we cannot here in the community. Please open AdWords and click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and call the number shown or click on Help (same location) to use another method to interact with support. 

Sorry you have encountered this issue. 

Kind Regards,

James