AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

I followed the process for signing up an Adwords MCC but it has created a regular Google AdWords acc

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there. I followed the correct process for creating a new AdWords MCC account (https://adwords.google.com/um/MccStartNow?hl=en&sourceid=awo&subid=ww-ww-et-g-aw-a-tools-awhp!o2) but when I had finished, it had actually created a regular AdWords account that I am unable to link other accounts to.

Any ideas how I can set up the MCC? I don't want to use a different email as this is my business Google account email address.

1 Expert replyverified_user

I followed the process for signing up an Adwords MCC but it has created a regular Google AdWords acc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Laurie T,

You have to use an email address that is not tied to an individual AdWords account. You cannot bypass that requirement. The email is used to manage users and accounts added to the Adwords Manager Account (old name: My Client Center/MCC). You can then assign your main email address as an admin user. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: I followed the process for signing up an Adwords MCC but it has created a regular Google AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I did. I used a new email address (not the one I am posting on this forum with).

⁣Regards

Laurie Turnbull
truecontent

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Laurie T,

I do not understand why your email and contact info is posted for this inquiry? We are a public peer-to-peer public community and cannot use such info in any way. This only opens up your email for spam and other not-so-great uses. 

As for further help, you may need to clear your web browser and all other Google accounts, use a completely fresh email that you make a Google Account (any email can be a Google account), and then proceed to the Google AdWords Manager Account and sign up. 

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi laurie

You are right, it happens all the time for everyone please click on this link to create one 

Note: Please use a different email which is not associated with AdWords and try in an Incognito window because the if you use the normal chrome browser the page will redirect to the same old created AdWords account rather you clear the browsing history or Incognito.

Best
Bhanumurthy G

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi sorry i replied to a message via email and it posted my email signature at the same time.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Laurie T,

No problem. Glad you edited the post to preserve your privacy. 

Were you able to resume setting up your AdWords Manager Account? I sure hope so.

Kind Regards,

James