AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

I don't understand this keyword error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I am getting this message when I hover over my keyword.

"The location terms in this keyword can affect where your ads show. Location: W3, England, United Kingdom What can I do?"

What does it mean? I've taken a look at the page link but it doesn't make sense.

Here is a screenshot:

Screenshot 2017-07-12 01.40.17.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I don't understand this keyword error

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

There are a couple things going on here.

The disapproval says "people don't search for this term very often, so it'snot eligible to show your ads"...does the keyword say "Low Search Volume" next to it before you hover over? If so, then the location terms error is irrelevant because the ad won't show if it has the "Low Search Volume" status. If this is the case, broaden the keyword by removing a + sign from one of the words....you may still have the Low Search Volume status but it's worth a try. If it still has Low Search Volume then you need to make sure you have a broader keyword that will capture that particular search. 

If the keyword does not say "Low Search Volume", then open up the ad preview window and set the location to a location that you're actually targeting. The system is using that W3 location in the UK because it's matching it up to "Acton" a keyword in your string to a location nearby or inside that UK location. AdWords is testing that keyword in that location, but since you're not targeting that location you're getting an error.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Bhavesh R

You don't need to include the target location as a part of the Keyword because it is a redundancy. You have to set the Geo Location targeting at the campaign level.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Greg,

yes it does say "low search volume"

so are you saying that I should target W3 location at campaign?

Or should I setup a separate campaign and target people in Acton and just have +measured +survey in the keyword?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Bhavesh R,

This is not a valid keyword match type, either use BMM or phrase.

These 2 can not be mixed together.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

omg thanks! I found the issue!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a " in there aswell!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes Agree with @Archit

You can use like this only:

+measured +survey +acton

"measured survey acton"

Thanks,

Aslam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Aslam

I fixed it but its still showing low search volume

I've targeted over 500 towns in London by adding

+measured +survey TOWNAME

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear @Bhavesh R

You may increase the keywords bid to get the visibility. Try to increase keyword bid and see what happen.

But I would like to tell you one thing that the Ad Copy must be match with the Landing Page you are

using. Relevancy is important to show Ad on the Google search.

Quality Score is an estimate of the quality of your ads, keywords, and landing pages. Higher quality ads can lead to lower prices and better ad positions. The more relevant your ads and landing pages are to the user, the more likely it is that you'll see higher Quality Scores.

How To Check Your Quality Score

Thanks,

Aslam