AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

I accidentally connected a personal gmail account to my work's google account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I accidentally connected a personal gmail account to my work's google account and now this gmail email is showing up across google analytics and Adwords. How do I remove my personal gmail account. When I go to email settings on the account it says that the new gmail account cannot be removed of change. Surely there's a way to put it back to the original business email, which isn't a gmail account. Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Katie,

There are a few scenarios that could lead to this issue. I would suggest calling up Google to get the best solution, as it is very specific to the account. Contact info here.

Best,

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Katie

If you have acces privileges high enough to add a user to a Google account, you might be able to delete them too. It should be relatively straightforward. 

1. Sign in to Google Analytics..
  2. Click Admin, and navigate to the desired account.
  3. In the ACCOUNT column, click User Management. Note: Be sure that you click User Management in the ACCOUNT column (left-most column). If you click User Management in the PROPERTY or VIEW columns, you will not see a delete option for the user(s).
  4. Use the search box at the top of the list to find the user you want. Enter a full or partial address( e.g., janedoe@gmail.com or janedoe).
  5. Click delete for the user you want to delete.
    Note: delete appears at the right end of the row for each user. If you don't see delete, you are in User Management at the property or view level. To delete a user, you must be in User Management at the account level.
  6. Click Delete user.
 Hope this helps 
Source : https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009702?hl=en

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Jorge V,

A kind note: Apparently, Katie's issue related to linking two Google accounts (work & personal) and hence personal shows up in all Google products which are meant for work.

An ideal solution to this would be to "un-link" these and the approach would differ based on how they got linked in the first place. Trial & Error might lead to other issues.

Best,

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know if I can help you. I don't understand.