AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

I accidentally added a gmail account to my business google account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I accidentally connected a personal gmail account to my work's google account and now this gmail email is showing up across google analytics and Adwords. How do I remove my personal gmail account. When I go to email settings on the account it says that the new gmail account cannot be removed of change. Surely there's a way to put it back to the original business email, which isn't a gmail account. Please help!

I accidentally added a gmail account to my business google account

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Katie,

When you are in a Google product. you'll see your profile image in the top right-hand corner. Click that, and select "My Account". You'll then be brought to your "My Account" overview page. In the middle of that screen you'll have an option for "Your personal info", and then you'll see a list of information including Email, Phone, Google+ profile, etc. Select "Email" and you should see all the email addresses associated with the account and you should be able to either remove the association or make one Primary.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

Re: I accidentally added a gmail account to my business google account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aslam, That doesn't work unfortunately. Does anyone know? Has this happened to anyone else?