AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How to unlink email address from one adword account to be used with another

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I currently have an adword account that was created in error using sophie.hughes.wynnstay@gmail.com but now need to use this to accept an invitation to the correct adword account. I can't find a way to unlink my email address from the old account and the new one tells me I can't use that email address as it is already being used. Your help to sort this would be much appreciated. Kind regards, Sophie Hughes

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If there is an admin user in the AdWords account that was created in error then they can remove/disassociate your email address from the account. If not, you will need to create a new email address to use with the new AdWords account. This is a pretty common practice and new emails can be quickly created in gmail. If you don't like having to use multiple email addresses to login to multiple accounts you can always create an AdWords Manager Account: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6139186?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If there is an admin user in the AdWords account that was created in error then they can remove/disassociate your email address from the account. If not, you will need to create a new email address to use with the new AdWords account. This is a pretty common practice and new emails can be quickly created in gmail. If you don't like having to use multiple email addresses to login to multiple accounts you can always create an AdWords Manager Account: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6139186?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.