AdWords
5.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How to switch from Business to Individual type?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just got in first time to AdWords making directly first campaign ... just move to payment method and showing me only Account type = Business ... no possibility to change. Even there was no option on the beginning asking me for account type. I do not want Business... I want only Individual. There is an option anywhere.

Thanks for help

Paul

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul W,

The account type cannot be changed manually so you will need to contact AdWords Support and ask if they will. Sometimes it can be done and others times it cannot. Same with currency & country. Open AdWords and click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and call the number shown... or click on Help and use another method to interact with support. 

All the Best,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul W,

The account type cannot be changed manually so you will need to contact AdWords Support and ask if they will. Sometimes it can be done and others times it cannot. Same with currency & country. Open AdWords and click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and call the number shown... or click on Help and use another method to interact with support. 

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, James,

I got some promotional code and phone number and I will call there tomorrow. Honestly, the google interface is not user-friendly as it could be in more areas. I think such big company can still learn a lot. Still, a little bit surprised but not blaming them. Just hints where to improve. Many things I know how to do more clear and ergonomic.

Paul.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Paul,

You are very welcome... and your points are valued, too.

As you are using AdWords and hit any questions, please do just let us know. And you might also enjoy Google AdWords Best Practices, which is a truly great resource.  

All the Best,

James