AdWords
1.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How to switch from AdWords Express to AdWords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am relatively new to Google ads and in trying to set up an AdWords account I ended up with an AdWords Express one instead, which I do not want. I have been trying to delete the express account, by following previous threads, but can't see how. I just keep ending up in AdWords Express. Can anyone help please? I surely must be missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance,

Sandra

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to switch from AdWords Express to AdWords?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Can you say a little bit more about why you want to switch from AdWords Express to AdWords? I will say that before you switch that AdWords Express is often a better choice for people just getting started with Google advertising, since it doesn't require as big of a time investment as Adwords does. But if you have some advertising experience and know you want to use features like Remarketing or Video campaigns, then AdWords will be a better fit.

If you decide AdWords is a better fit for your advertising needs, you'll just need to get in touch with the AdWords team by phone or email, and they’ll help you switch your account over.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same question.  I was using adword for the keyword planner and now I can't find that.  And, in general, I hate being forced into something new which is not taking time out of my day to figure out. 

How to switch from AdWords Express to AdWords?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sandra and Rhonda.

Sandra - I agree with Cassie; if you are new to AdWords - Express is probably going to be the best option for you. However, if you do want to take the plunge and start using regular AdWords - I believe in the upper right hand corner of your screen after you log into AdWords Express - you should see 3 dots, if you click on that there should be an option that says "View in AdWords" and it should bring you view to the regular AdWords view. Full disclaimer - I haven't been in Express since the New AdWords Experience has launched - so it's entirely possible something has changed. 

Rhonda - if I'm understanding your question correctly, you can't find the Keyword Planner in the New AdWords Experience? After you log into your account - again, you should see 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Click on those to bring up your menu, then on the far left side of the menu - underneath "Planning" you should see "Keyword Planner"

Hope this helps! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was able to chat with someone that solved my problem.

Thank you for the reply.

Rhonda

Rhonda Neal
Marketing Director/Office Manager
SOUND STAGE INC.
6869 Stapoint Ct. Suite 105
Winter Park, FL 32792
Office: 407.679.5090 x105
Direct: 321.316.4652
rhonda.neal@soundstageinc.com
www.soundstageinc.com

[linkedin] [cid:image002.png@01CFF1EC.10F5E500] [cid:image003.png@01CFF1EC.10F5E500] [cid:image004.png@01CFF1EC.10F5E500] [cid:image005.png@01CFF1EC.10F5E500]