AdWords
3.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How to prevent if competitors click on your Ads link and cause you pay Ads fee without return

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi , today I got a problem , when customers visit to my Ads site , they stay in my site only 0.00 seconds ,  now I manage to pay 2 dollars a day and can get link click approximately 15 clicks , but site visit time average is only 0.00 seconds ,    In the first day that I apply Ads , I can get site visit time at 9 min averaging , but after 2 , 3  days --- >  I can get only 0.00 seconds ,   so I think this is impossible that all customers come to my site and shut it down suddenly ,   then I guess that if my business competitors click a link and go out , to let me pay a Ads fee without interact with actual customers ,  so Can Google help to prevent this problem ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

How to prevent if competitors click on your Ads link and cause you pay Ads fee without return

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Good question.

Google is very committed to identifying invalid click activity. They have many systems in place to proactively identify invalid click activity and not charge you for those clicks. They also review clicks after the fact and if they identify invalid clicks, they will refund you what you paid for them. You can see more info about invalid click activity here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549113

There are also 3rd-party services you can use to identify invalid visits to your website and block IP addresses in your AdWords campaigns to prevent those people from seeing and clicking your ads. I've had good experiences with www.clickcease.com.

I hope that's helpful!

John

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I agree with @John Horn. There are many 3rd party tools on the market. In this platform, we refrain  recommending a specific product (unless by Google).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’