AdWords
4.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How to pause or remove keywords from removed ad groups?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Few months back instead of pausing ads, I removed them. Now I wanted to remove the keywords associated with those ad groups, but it gives me an error message: "Cannot edit removed entities". I am afraid I will be charged for those keywords. Is it possible to remove them? What else can I do to stop these keywords being used by Adwords?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Irene P
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Irene,

It sounds like you deleted the ad group or campaign that the keywords are in. You can't delete keywords that are in an ad group or campaign that is already deleted - and there is no need to. The keywords won't be used. 

To see you active keywords, go to the Campaigns tab and select All Enabled. Then go to the Ad Groups tab and select All Enabled. Then go to the Keywords tab.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Irene P
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Irene,

It sounds like you deleted the ad group or campaign that the keywords are in. You can't delete keywords that are in an ad group or campaign that is already deleted - and there is no need to. The keywords won't be used. 

To see you active keywords, go to the Campaigns tab and select All Enabled. Then go to the Ad Groups tab and select All Enabled. Then go to the Keywords tab.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rising Star,

Thank you very much for such fast response to my question. Now I understand.

Kudos for you :-)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

As mentioned by @RobSkelton, removed keywords or enabled keywords from removed ad groups or campaigns are not eligible to participate in the ad auctions.

In case, only the ads(all) are removed from a particular ad group then also the keywords from that specific ad group are not eligible to participate in the ad auctions.

Though you can download the removed keywords/ads/ad groups/campaigns and use them again as new keywords/ads/ad groups/campaigns.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’