AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How to get refund? I have cancelled my account and waiting for the refund.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It has been 2 months and a week since I cancelled my account and request refund to my credit card. Tried to call support and I want my money back only after some idiots did not confirm my information said that "Your account is suspended because your billing information can't be verified". This is ridiculous, the bigger a company the slower process it goes. Big company should have the system done in good way, and of course, Google is an online company, 24/7 operating, but the support doesn't 24/7, even the phone support. Is this how Google squeeze their patrons?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to get refund? I have cancelled my account and waiting for the refund.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Owen e,

Sorry to hear of your refund problems. Rest assured, Google does not want to keep your funds or delay the process. Typically, it takes a few weeks for Google to process and then additional time for your bank or credit card provider to process and apply it and show on your statement. 

Please review this info (below) and do each step. If you have already do so, please click the link to contact support.

You can request a refund by canceling your AdWords account while there is existing credit in the account. We'll automatically initiate a refund to your bank account or credit card associated with your AdWords account.

Processing time: 2 weeks for Google to process, and additional time for your credit card company to process.

Reasons a refund might not be available

We don't offer refunds in these cases:

• You have money left over in your account from a promotional code.
  • Your account is still active.
  • You have an outstanding balance that you still need to pay.

Timelines and delayed refunds

Refunds typically take up to 2 weeks for us to process, and it can take an additional 10 business days for your bank or credit card company to credit the refund to your account, depending on their own processes.

If you've waited longer than 4 weeks, please contact us.

Please let us know what happens and if this gets resolved. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James Clemens,

What are you trying to inform me? I completely doesn't understand why you do copy and paste from the help page. Is this a help page or community page for discussion about the refund behavior of Google where Google track the community respond?

I have contacted them, I was hoping the community have other possible solution to my issue with Google refunding my money, It's not acceptable to copy and paste solution from Google's help pages.

Thank you for trying to help, it didn't works.

Best regards,
Owen

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Owen e,

Since we are a help forum, we cannot see your account, cannot look at your account and can only offer suggestions based on what you provide. 

With that said, I can only provide the reasons why a refund may not be done, present what it is typical, and state that if your specific situation falls beyond that, to use the provided link to contact support. They are essentially the ones that can actually look at your account and see why a refund has not taken place (since your timeline suggests it has not been done). 

If my answer does not help, I am sorry for that. 

Kind Regards,

James