AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How to explain the client what they need to do to fill out the trademark authorization form

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I need to tell a client, what kind of information they need to put into the trademark authorization form, but since I have never registered (nor own) a trademark, I don't know, what sort of questions the client needs to answer. Is there a possibility to get a short list about the type of data the client must be ready to fill in to this form to be able to authorize their trademark with Google?

Thank you in advance. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to explain the client what they need to do to fill out the trademark authorization form

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey there,

This is what I usually send to clients:

Instructions to provide to trademark owners:

1. https://services.google.com/inquiry/aw_tmauth
  2. Select “Yes”
  3. Select "Trademark Owner" and fill in contact information
  4. Complete all required information and fill these fields as directed:
    1. Trademark details: WORD(S) TO TRADEMARK
    2. Authorized Entity: GOOGLE ADWORDS CUSTOMER ID, LOGIN EMAIL ID, OR VISIBLE URL
  5. Client submits form and notifies you of submission
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

How to explain the client what they need to do to fill out the trademark authorization form

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

It looks ok to me.

Hi Jim;

I would  refer one of the legal /  counsel staff at the client  to Google's documentation. I have never had a client who questioned the requirement  to receive    a trade-name authorization.  It is one of those procedures which "goes without saying" -isn't it?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’