AdWords
1.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How to connect a new Google Business Profile with an existing AdWords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

I am relatively new to this community and I'm not sure if I have stated my question correctly, so I will try to explain in more details:
The company that I work for (the office is located in Bulgaria) wanted an updated location on Google Maps and a new Google Business Profile, so I created one. The Business profile is already verified and working and it gave me access to a new AdWords account. However, the company has a previously created AdWords account which operates now.

One of my colleagues gave me the full administrative rights of the previous AdWords account, but I couldn't find how to connect this old account with the new Google Business Profile and Google+ profile of the company. Is that possible at all? Now, I have two AdWords accounts under my email when I really need just one (if possible just the old one that the company has been using).
Please, tell me what should be done Smiley Happy

Best regards,
Lyuba

2 Expert replyverified_user

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 2
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Lyuba, 

Have you tried adding a new user to your Google Business Profile Listing or transferring primary ownership of the listing? 

You can read more here:  https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281hl=en, 

and https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100

Once you transfer your Google Business Profile and Google+ to your old email, you can just remove the new one. 

Transferring your Google Plus profile 

Before transferring ownership to your preferred email address, you must first grant this email address manager rights.

To do so, log into your Google+ account under the existing owner email.

Then go to settings. Once in settings, click “managers.”

You will be given the option to invite a new manager.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Eva

Regards,
Eva

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Lyuba P

It's not possible. One business - one account. And transfer of ownership is not easy.

Keep the current account (which is linked to the G+ and AdWords)  active.

Grant this  (current) account administrative access to the "old" AdWords account, and run the campaign using  the  access granted to the "current" account

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’