AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How to appeal for a refund?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a trigger to limit the cost of an Adwords campaign and it did not work because according to Adwords Support the trigger was misleading and did not work in the way that I expected it to. 

Given the repeated (and apparently recorded) acknowledgements from support that I was understandable misled into believing I had limited the cost of the campaign I believe it only natural that I should be offered a refund, however I am told that nobody who communicates with customers is allowed to authorise a refund. 

I have been told how to correctly limit a campaign if I ever use Adwords again in the future, I do not need to be told that again, I need to know who to contact for a refund.

Many thanks, james

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: How to appeal for a refund?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If the budget is not the budget, do not call it the budget. If the maximum cost is not the maximum cost, do not call it the maximum cost. If you know what the word maximum means and you do not intend for the user set maximums to actually be the real maximum cost you should call it something else. There shouldn't be a need for me to google the term Maximum Cost Per Click, and then google's own definition for Maximum Cost Per Click. Your articles apply different meaning to basic language. Google is the "and by sweet I mean overwhelmingly sour" but in this case, "and by maximum cost I mean will charge whatever I want regardless of what you put in this box kind of maximum."

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey James, how are things?

You can request a refund when you cancel your account. Other than that, I've never seen Google proving a refund. It's most likely for them to give you credit or something other than a refund.

This page have everything you need to help you with a refund: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1703646?hl=en

Hope this helps.
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am constantly over changed by google. I feel like this intentional. Do you feel the same way?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Barney,

There's one important aspect of Adwords called Overdelivery, where Google can deliver up to 20% more of your daily budget. It's a very important feature to know about, and I hope the articles below can help:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375423?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2393018?hl=en
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It does not. Many times Google has gone well beyond limits that are set
within my google adwords, stealing my money, and then Google refuses to
offer anytime of restitution for their theft. It happens over and over
again, and if appears that I am not alone. This is apparently an
intentional deception of consumers to steal money.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is increasingly seeming to me that even if the systems that overcharge us are not intentionally designed to do so, Google are perfectly happy to take money in this way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So, in order to get a refund I need to accept the Adwords credit I am being offered and then close my account?

It seems a little extreme but I shall try it.

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That means there has been a change in the type of account being offered so
they are forcing you to get rid of whatever benefit there might have been
to having the older account before Google can do the right thing. Google
wants me to agree that I can never get another refund for any mistake they
make in the future as a condition of correcting their mistake. What kind of
logic is that? Google is literally saying, yes we make a mistake and
overcharged you by double but in order for us to correct this mistake you
must first agree to never get another credit in the future. That's gangsta
AF. "yeah we stole yo money, I'll give it back this time but only if you
agree to let me steal as much as I want, whenever I want in the future.
Deal?" crazy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Absolutely. First they force you to invest remarkable amounts of time just to address the matter. The time/money ratio required to even address the concern makes it very hard to even try and get your money back. Google admitted this was a mistake over a week ago but still have not credited my account for the $15 they stole. Google took my money in a matter of seconds. Money flows into google with amazing ease. When they make a mistake money flows at a snail's pace, if at all and it's not even real money. It's simply a credit for adwords that they will get right back.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If the budget is not the budget, do not call it the budget. If the maximum cost is not the maximum cost, do not call it the maximum cost. If you know what the word maximum means and you do not intend for the user set maximums to actually be the real maximum cost you should call it something else. There shouldn't be a need for me to google the term Maximum Cost Per Click, and then google's own definition for Maximum Cost Per Click. Your articles apply different meaning to basic language. Google is the "and by sweet I mean overwhelmingly sour" but in this case, "and by maximum cost I mean will charge whatever I want regardless of what you put in this box kind of maximum."