AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How to activate the location extensions in adwords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

By mistake, I have removed the location extensions in my AdWords account. I tried to add them but I'm not able to do it. Locations are not at all showing in my account. Can anyone please help me out of this.

Regards
Suma.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Suma P,

It is never fun when delete something we want, but fortunately we can add them back. 

The first thing to know is that once you add them back, they do not show back up right away. It usually takes 24 hours for them to reappear. If you added them back sooner than that, you may want to wait till tomorrow to do so. 

Set up location extensions.

1. Sign in to your AdWords account.
  2. Click the Ad Extensions tab.
  3. Select View: Location extensions from the drop-down menu above the extensions table.
  4. Click + Extension. You’ll be prompted to link to and use your Google My Business account.

Make sure your Google My Business locations are synced

1. Look for your Google My Business account under Account extension. You’ll see how many addresses are synced. If you don’t see your Google My Business account there, click + EXTENSION to link your Google My Business account.
  2. When your Google My Business account is synced, any text ad in your account is eligible to show your local business information. You can set up filters (see below) to assign addresses to particular campaigns or ad groups.

After you’ve linked a Google My Business account, your addresses are eligible to show with any text ad in your account. If you want to assign addresses to particular campaigns or ad groups, you can set up filters.

1. Choose the campaign or ad group you’re specifying addresses for.

2. Click the Campaigns tab and choose one of your campaigns.

3. Click the Ad Extensions tab.

4. Select View: Location extensions from the drop-down menu in the upper corner.

5. Click “Campaign extension” or “Ad group extension” depending on whether you want to filter addresses to a campaign or ad group.

6. Click + Extension.

7. Under “New campaign location extension” or “New ad group location extension,” choose the campaign you want to filter addresses to. If you’re adding a location extension on the ad group level, choose your desired ad group as well.

You can explore more information about setting up location extensions here

If you need more help or have any questions, please just let us know.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Thanks for your immediate response. I have tried each and every step you mentioned. Even though I'm not able to find the solution. Though tried removing the business page permission and tried adding the manager permission to the account, still no response in the account.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Suma P,

You are very welcome. 

When you say no response, do you mean nothing shows up under location extensions? It does take time to show, so you might be rushing it?

When you went to add it in AdWords, did it see your Google My Business listings? Did you apply the filter or?

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Clemen,

It's been 3days still it is showing as extensions are inactive and not working. 

Can I delete my business page access to my AdWords account? Will add again after 24hrs, I want to see whether it works or not.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone please help me out of the above issue.