AdWords
5.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How to access old AdWords interface ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've noticed that Adwords interface is changed and now you need to use a wizard like interface that forces you to start a campaign and pay the corresponding amount.

There is way to use the old interface with the keywords planner tool ?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author glgoo
May 2016

Re: How to access old AdWords interface ?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @glgoo

If you are referring to the screen that asks you to set up your first campaign, you need to create that first campaign to go to the main dashboard interface. If you are not ready for the actual campaign, simply complete the process by filling all the forms with basic data. Once you do that you will land in the main interface where you can pause the campaign you just created. 

And yes, there's no way to change this screen. It is basically done to get you started quickly by presenting you all basic options at one page. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't think, that is possible to change interface. Do you have AdWords Express or "classic" AdWords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It doesn't matter which AdWords version is in use (you can toggle between the Express or non express by pressing a link) you can't exit from the wizard interface.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author glgoo
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @glgoo

If you are referring to the screen that asks you to set up your first campaign, you need to create that first campaign to go to the main dashboard interface. If you are not ready for the actual campaign, simply complete the process by filling all the forms with basic data. Once you do that you will land in the main interface where you can pause the campaign you just created. 

And yes, there's no way to change this screen. It is basically done to get you started quickly by presenting you all basic options at one page. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ratan,

yes, I'm referring to the screen that asks to set up my first campaign.

It even force me to insert CC information or other payment related information.

The old AdWords version was without this wizard.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @glgoo,

Billing is now the part of initial setup, it cannot be skipped. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2016.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.