AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How much does past performance in adwords affect a new campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our client has 2 adwords accounts since 2002. They have low ad rank, never done any maintenance on their site or within adwords and have always bid below 1st page. We created a new responsive mobile friendly site for them, seo optimized and adwords optimized. It is less than a week old on adwords.
Question: How much weight do the old adwords campaign have on this new campaign? It is a new, additional URL, but within the adwords account since it is the same address, account name, etc.
Every time we talk to adwords about the new account we are always told by the google tech that the site is not mobile friendly, bids are low until we point out to them that it is for the other (older) campaigns and URLs and not for the new campaign, new url and mobile friendly site.
How much are we affected by their poor history that goes back to 2002?

1 Expert replyverified_user

How much does past performance in adwords affect a new campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dan,

While there is a considerable amount of reported interaction between linked  accounts (e.g. same address, same master account etc.) in terms of security questions (like unpaid debt, policy violations, misuse of cards etc.), it is much less or I'd say minimal in terms of performance history. Therefore I would likely vote for new campaigns in a new account so you can create an entirely new history. (Prior campaign history would have much more detrimental impact on the new campaigns within either of the old 2 accounts.)

Note that I never faced the issue you described, hence it's just my 2 cents.

Best,

Lakatos