AdWords
1.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How does google knows another google adwords account belongs to the same user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I read that adwords policy doesn't allow the user to have more than one account ( one business, one account).

Now say that someone live with me in my home (eg. my wife or my brother) works in a business similar to mine creates an adwords account and creates some ads that may be similar to my ads.

Will google think this is me trying to create another account to get more than one slot in final search results?

My fear for that is because google will the see the same billing address and may be similar ads.

Any advice?

Thanks for any help in advance,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google has its signals (which it does not disclose) to verify  whether those are two distinct businesses or  the same business. By now, they are pretty good in identifying violations. (Using same address or the same credit card does not necessarily signals the same business. Google is much more sophisticated....)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google has its signals (which it does not disclose) to verify  whether those are two distinct businesses or  the same business. By now, they are pretty good in identifying violations. (Using same address or the same credit card does not necessarily signals the same business. Google is much more sophisticated....)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.

So do you think is it safe if my wife works in a similar business and uses her adwords account for similar ads?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The rule is simple: one business entity  - one account.  If your wife owns her own business, separate from you, you are fine. If you share the same business - this is not allowed.